Meet the Owners and Staff of LaBeau & Associates and Ratzlaff Homes
Colleen Ratzlaff LaBeau
CRS, CREA, GRI
For Colleen, president of Ratzlaff Homes, Inc., trust is the single most important part of any relationship. She extends that trust to her employees, her subcontractors, and of course, her clients. Colleen earns the trust of her buyers from the beginning. First, she doesn’t always sell someone who walks in the door. Generally, clients will have between four and eight meetings before getting a signed purchase agreement. “I want to make sure they feel good about building,” she says, “and about what they’re building.” Colleen also encourages prospective clients to contact her past customers. “We have a list of over two hundred buyers’ names that we actively give people to call.”
Why use Colleen Ratzlaff-LaBeau as your Realtor?
- “2009 Realtor of the Year” Recognition for commitment to real estate as well as community involvement.
- 2005 REALTOR OF THE YEAR!
- Colleen works real estate full-time “plus” and makes it her commitment to a career.
- Colleen has 3 assistants, available for your needs with over 24 years of combined experience in the real estate industry.
- Colleen’s husband Tom LaBeau was licensed in 1976 and was a remodeler for seven years.
- Colleen is extremely knowledgeable in new construction from the ground up, as well as helping you design a home that suits your needs and also helps you take precautions for a better resale value.
- Colleen specializes in helping a buyer choose an existing home or to build a new one – whichever fits the buyer’s needs and wants the best.
- An expert in marketing existing homes, Colleen takes the extra steps you need to get the highest possible dollar in the shortest possible market time. Ask her about her extensive Marketing Program for more details.
- She works with well-known mortgage lenders and title companies to get you the best possible financing and service you need.
- Colleen has her GRI and CRS designation, having taken that extra step to better educate herself and her clients in the real estate market.
- Colleen is proud of her service in the home building industry as well as in existing home sales. She would be happy to give you a list of her past clients upon your request.
Who is Colleen?
Colleen was born and raised in Farmington and has lived in Dakota County all her life. She has first-hand knowledge of the communities and their surroundings. Colleen has been selling real estate since 1985, has been a custom builder since 1986, and Ratzlaff Homes Inc. since 1999, specializing in both new construction home sales and marketing existing homes. Colleen also managed a real estate office from 1986 to 1990.
- 2005 President for Southern Twin Cities Association of Realtors
- 2004 President Elect for Southern Twin Cities Association of Realtors
- 2003 Treasurer for Southern Twin Cities Association of Realtors
- 2000-2007 Government Affairs Public Policy Committee, Served on Governmental Affairs Committee for both Local and State level for over 10 years.
- 2002-2008, 1992-1995 Director at Southern Twin Cities Association of Realtors
- 2003 Treasurer for Southern Twin Cities Association of Realtors
- Served on the Builders Association Spring Preview/Fall Parade Committee, 1996- 1998.
- Director for the Builder’s Association for Twin cities, 2-year term
- Director of Minnesota Board of Realtors, 1994-1997, 2005-2007. Executive Committee for 1997, 1999, 2005-2008.
- Launched and chaired New Home Sales and instructed classes on it.
- Chaired Education Committee at Board of Realtors, 1987 and 1988.
- Served on Strategic Planning Committee for three years. li>Served on Professional Standards Committee for six years. li>Served on Financial Committee for three years li>Member of Lakeville Chamber of Commerce
Achievements in Real Estate
- 2009, 2005 “Realtor of the Year”
- Chairman’s Circle with Edina Realty (highest award) 2001 & 2004
- Master’s Circle with Edina Realty (2nd highest award) 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005
- Presidents Club with Edina Realty 1998, 1999, 2000
- Top Sales Associate at Harvey Hanson Realtors in 1992-1997
- Top Sales Associate at Nationwide Realty in 1991
- Top Sales Associate at Alger Johnson Real Estate in 1987-1990
- CRS (Certified Residential Specialist) designation earned in 1988
- GRI (Graduate Realtors Institute) designation earned in 1986
Get a Team Instead of One
You still want to know more . . . Colleen & Tom sponsnsor children in the Kids ‘N Kinship mentoring program, to help provide an alternative outlook for youths that are raised in less fortunate or single parent households. Colleen also is actively involved with Crossroads Church outreach program to help better serve the community. In Colleen’s spare time she can usually be found at a niece or nephew’s sporting or extra curricular event. Her love is children & thoroughly enjoys being involved in each of her twenty-three nieces & nephews lives as well as her eight godchildren. She believes it “takes a village” to raise a child, so anything extra she can do to help, she welcomes the opportunity. Colleen also has a passion for flowers, with many flower gardens throughout her 10-acre homesite. Any left over time, Colleen loves to spend by the water, motorcycling or skiing in the winter. Allow Colleen to assist you in any of your real estate needs.
CRS, CREA, GRI
Tom combines over 35 years of real estate sales, new construction and remodeling experience to deliver a unique combination of marketing skills and product knowledge that maximizes your advantage in today’s market.
Tom’s dedication to his business and pursuit of excellence is exemplified in his “CRS” designation. He takes great pride in being one of only 4% of realtors nationwide to earn this designation.
Outstanding service to all of his clients is the reason Tom has been the recipient of numerous sales awards and is ranked nationally in the top 1% of all realtors.
Tom specializes in buyer and seller representation and has extensive experience with REO’s and investment properties.
Tom, together with his full-time licensed assistant Elaine, ensure his clients receive first class, personal service with attention to detail and guaranteed satisfaction.
Expect the best when you choose Tom! Just ask his past clients.
Agent Referral Network
Elaine began her career in the real estate field in 1991. Since 1995, Elaine has been a licensed real estate agent and Executive Administrative Assistant. With her 24 plus years of diverse experience and extensive real estate knowledge, Elaine is an indispensable part of LaBeau & Associates. As a licensed assistant to Tom and Colleen LaBeau, her talents are utilized to create marketing and advertising promotions, maintain websites, promote properties and perform daily follow-up to ensure a perfect end result for every client. Outside of working at the LaBeau and Associates and Ratzlaff Homes office, Elaine focuses on her four children and 2 grandsons. Reading, traveling, sports and outdoor activities are among the things she enjoys in her free time.
Rick has been a licensed Real Estate agent in Minnesota since 2007. He specializes in the Twin Cities market and the surrounding area, but can help anywhere in the State of Minnesota. Together with LaBeau and Associates, Rick is able to provide services including existing home sales, new construction, design services and buyer representation. Rick’s work ethic shows in all that he does. From prompt resnses, to the high level of communication needed during any real estate transaction. Rick’s clients’ satisfaction is his top priority. Whether you are looking for your first home, are a seasoned investor or an empty-nester looking to downsize, please think of Rick as your “Real Estate Resource For Life”. When Rick is not helping clients find and sell homes, he enjoys spending time with his wife Danielle and two boys, Bryce and Cameron. Together they love to travel, volunteer in their community, attend boy scout outings, have family get-togethers, bonfires, and just relax at home. Rick would love to share his passion, knowledge and experience in real estate while helping you buy or sell your dream home!